The Saskatoon Police Service continues to receive complaints from citizens who have been defrauded out of thousands of dollars after attempting to buy items on the Internet.
The buyer thinks they are purchasing an item advertised on the Internet. They are asked to wire money to the seller. But the buyer never receives the purchased item and has lost their money to the fraudulent seller.
Reputable money wiring services stress the consumer use common sense when sending money.
1. Never send money to a stranger.
2. If it sounds too good to be true, think fraud.
3. Internet purchases, see rule 1.
4. E-mail loan offers, see rule 1.
5. E-mail requests for assistance, see rule 1.
For any further information please contact Sgt Dennis Scott of the Fraud Section 975-8259