The Saskatoon Police Service is advising the public that due to the recent snowfall, road conditions are icy and very slippery. The Police have attended many collisions this morning which were the direct result of drivers traveling too fast for road conditions.
Police request that all motorists observe the following:
- Take the time to clear windows and mirrors of snow and ice.
- Take the time to warm your vehicle to prevent the fogging effect on your windows.
- Reduce travel speed....(Drive to Arrive)
- If you are involved in a collision or you lose control of your vehicle, please remain in your vehicle until help arrives.
- When approaching an emergency vehicle that has flashing lights, please reduce speed and proceed with caution. In some cases, Police Officers may be directing traffic, please watch for this and follow their direction.
With these precautions, we can reduce the number of accidents and injuries, making Saskatoon a safer City for all of our citizens.