Saskatoon Police would like to remind motorists that speed restrictions in school zones will again be enforced, beginning September 1, 2016.
During the school year, from September through the end of June, motorists must reduce their speed in school zones to 30 km/hr. Zones are clearly marked at all elementary and high schools, and will be enforced in an effort to reduce vehicle-pedestrian and vehicle-cyclist collisions. Speed restrictions are in effect Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Motorists are reminded that photo speed enforcement will be in effect on a rotational basis at five school zone locations through the school year;
- St. Michael Community School (22-33rd Street East)
- École Henry Kelsey School (16 Valens Drive)
- Brownell/St. Angela (Russel Road)
- École Canadienne-Française (1407 Albert Avenue – zone on Clarence Avenue between 3rd and 5th Streets)
- Mother Teresa / Silverspring (Konihowski Road)
Police will also be enforcing a bylaw prohibiting U-turns in schools.