Additional charges have been laid against a 30-year-old man arrested in January after he attempted to evade police.
Follow-up investigation by members of the SPS Break and Enter Unit have resulted in additional charges of Break and Enter (x22), Theft of Motor Vehicle and Possession of Stolen Property. He will appear in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m., February 8, 2017, in relation to these new charges. (Court Info # 35710500).
The crimes occurred over the past two months at residences, apartment/condominium parkades and to businesses.
One person is facing numerous weapons and drug related charges after evading Police last night.
At approximately 11:45 p.m., January 18, 2017, Patrol officers observed a vehicle disobey a traffic signal in the area of Fairmont Drive and Fairlight Drive. Upon further investigation, Officers confirmed the license plate on the vehicle to be stolen and attempted to initiate a traffic stop however the vehicle fled. Due to road conditions, Officers discontinued their attempts to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was later involved in a collision with a parked vehicle in the 3700 block of Fairlight Drive and the driver fled on foot. A canine unit tracked the suspect to a backyard in the 100 block of Wrigley Crescent where he was taken into custody without incident.
Officers seized a loaded shotgun, a revolver, ammunition, and several controlled substances, including methamphetamine, hydromorphone, codeine and methylphenidate.
The 30-year-old male is facing charges of;
- Careless Transport of Firearm (x2)
- Careless Transport of Ammunition
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose (x2)
- Carry Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm (x2)
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in Motor Vehicle (x2)
- Possession of Weapon Obtained by Commission of Offence (x2)
- Prohibited Possession of Firearm
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (x4)
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
- Evade Police
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5000.
The man was also arrested on several outstanding warrants and more charges are expected pending further investigation.