One person is facing numerous weapons and drug related charges after evading Police last night.
At approximately 11:45 p.m., January 18, 2017, Patrol officers observed a vehicle disobey a traffic signal in the area of Fairmont Drive and Fairlight Drive. Upon further investigation, Officers confirmed the license plate on the vehicle to be stolen and attempted to initiate a traffic stop however the vehicle fled. Due to road conditions, Officers discontinued their attempts to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was later involved in a collision with a parked vehicle in the 3700 block of Fairlight Drive and the driver fled on foot. A canine unit tracked the suspect to a backyard in the 100 block of Wrigley Crescent where he was taken into custody without incident.
Officers seized a loaded shotgun, a revolver, ammunition, and several controlled substances, including methamphetamine, hydromorphone, codeine and methylphenidate.
The 30-year-old male is facing charges of;
- Careless Transport of Firearm (x2)
- Careless Transport of Ammunition
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose (x2)
- Carry Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm (x2)
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in Motor Vehicle (x2)
- Possession of Weapon Obtained by Commission of Offence (x2)
- Prohibited Possession of Firearm
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (x4)
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
- Evade Police
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5000.
The man was also arrested on several outstanding warrants and more charges are expected pending further investigation.