Two persons are facing charges following an incident involving a stolen vehicle and a shotgun yesterday morning.
On January 24, 2016, a man reported to Police that he had been robbed at gunpoint at a convenience store on 3rd Avenue. The suspect had stolen his 2002 Mazda Protege. At approximately 11:20 a.m., January 25, 2016, an officer on patrol noticed the stolen vehicle at 38th Street and Avenue B North. The officer attempted to conduct a traffic stop, however the three suspects inside the vehicle refused to stop and on at least two occasions pointed a shotgun at officers. The suspects evaded Police for several blocks before abandoning the car at 31st Street and Avenue I North and attempting to flee on foot. Two suspects were caught and immediately arrested and a shotgun was recovered. A canine unit assisted in locating the third suspect hiding under a deck nearby.
A 25-year-old male appeared in Provincial Court this morning on charges of;
- Point Firearm (x2)
- Handle Firearm in Careless Manner
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose (x2)
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of Firearm Obtained by Commission of Offence
- Possession of Firearm Contrary to Order
- Assaulting Peace Officer with Weapon (x2)
- Possession of Marihauna
- Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000.
(Court Info #'s: 45444721, 45444722, 45444723)
A 30-year-old male is charged with; Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000, Evade Police and Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle. (Court Info #'s: 45444723, 45444724).
The third suspect was released without charges.
This file remains under investigation.