The date the vehicle was stolen was January 24, 2017, and the date of the evade Police incident was January 25, 2017.
Two persons are facing charges following an incident involving a stolen vehicle and a shotgun yesterday morning.
On January 24, 2016, a man reported to Police that he had been robbed at gunpoint at a convenience store on 3rd Avenue. The suspect had stolen his 2002 Mazda Protege. At approximately 11:20 a.m., January 25, 2016, an officer on patrol noticed the stolen vehicle at 38th Street and Avenue B North. The officer attempted to conduct a traffic stop, however the three suspects inside the vehicle refused to stop and on at least two occasions pointed a shotgun at officers. The suspects evaded Police for several blocks before abandoning the car at 31st Street and Avenue I North and attempting to flee on foot. Two suspects were caught and immediately arrested and a shotgun was recovered. A canine unit assisted in locating the third suspect hiding under a deck nearby.
A 25-year-old male appeared in Provincial Court this morning on charges of;
- Point Firearm (x2)
- Handle Firearm in Careless Manner
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose (x2)
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of Firearm Obtained by Commission of Offence
- Possession of Firearm Contrary to Order
- Assaulting Peace Officer with Weapon (x2)
- Possession of Marihauna
- Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000.
(Court Info #'s: 45444721, 45444722, 45444723)
A 30-year-old male is charged with; Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000, Evade Police and Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle. (Court Info #'s: 45444723, 45444724).
The third suspect was released without charges.
This file remains under investigation.