On Jan 27, 2018 members of the Saskatoon Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit (CFSEU), and the Saskatoon Royal Canadian Mounted Police Federal Serious and Organized Crime (FSOC), concluded a five month drug trafficking investigation.
A 31 year old man and three 29 year old men were arrested and charged early Saturday morning in the 1600 block of 8th Street East. The charges include:
- 12 x Possession for Purpose of Trafficking a controlled substance (Cocaine and Crystal Methamphetamine)
- 6 x Trafficking a controlled substance
- 7 x Proceeds of Crime
- 12 x Firearms related charges
- 3 x Possession of Stolen Property
- 2 x Possession of a controlled substance
- 1 x Impersonation
- 1 x Breach of court conditions
A residence on 5th Avenue North and a residence on Victoria Avenue were searched and two vehicles were seized. Seized evidence includes:
- 2429 grams of Crystal Methamphetamine
- 483 grams of Cocaine
- $14,000 cash
- Stolen handgun
- 2 vehicles
CFSEU is funded by the Government of Saskatchewan through the Ministry of Justice, Corrections and Policing. CFSEU is an investigative body comprised of personnel from partner police agencies from the Regina Police Service, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Prince Albert Police Service, and the Saskatoon Police Service. The mandate of CFSEU is to expose, investigate, disrupt, dismantle and prosecute organized crime enterprises.
All four men appeared in provincial court Monday, January 29, 2018.
(Court Info Numbers: 991039358, 991039359, 991039360, 991039361)