Saskatoon Police are investigating two reports of sexual assault where the victims may have been drugged without their knowledge or consent. The first incident occurred on Thursday evening, June 21st while the second incident occurred on Sunday evening, June 24th. In both cases the victims believed that they were drugged while at local lounges or nightclubs. The investigations of both of these incidents is continuing and no further information will be released at this time.
The Saskatoon Police are advising everyone to protect themselves when at a club or party by taking the following steps:
- Don't accept drinks from people you don't know;
- Don't drink beverages that you did not open yourself;
- Don't share or exchange drinks with anyone;
- If someone offers you a drink from the bar or party, accompany the person to the bar to order your drink, watch the drink being poured, and carry the drink yourself;
- Don't leave your drink unattended while talking, dancing, using the washroom, or making a phone call;
- If you realize that your drink has been left unattended, discard it;
- Don't drink anything that has an unusual taste or appearance (e.g., salty taste, excessive foam, unexplained residue);
- DON'T MIX DRUGS AND ALCOHOL.