- Types dictated investigation and occurrence reports and processes all police contact interviews into the Versaterm Records Management System (RMS). Ensures that all information is current and accurate.
- Operates a computer terminal and police software systems to enter and amend information and respond to enquiries as required.
- Files and retrieves reports, criminal records, warrants and various other documents for Police personnel.
- Sorts, scans and indexes a variety of documents.
- Responds to in-person enquiries from Police personnel.
- Provides backup support for other office positions as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Post-Secondary School Certificate in business or related field
- Typing speed of 55 w.p.m.
- One year's diversified office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent demands while maintaining a high level of confidentiality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in the operation of office equipment, including a computer and scanner.
Shift work and weekend work may be involved.
4 12-hour rotating shifts (2 day shifts, 2 night shifts, 4 days off)
$43,827.84 to $48,319.68 per annum (2022 rates)
Applications must include transcripts from a recognized business college and typing speed verification of 55 wpm from a certified institution.
The Saskatoon Police Service strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations.