Crime Free Multi-Housing (CFMH) for Property Owners and Managers
Save yourself time and money, and decrease the chance for crime in your buildings with Crime Free Multi-Housing (CFMH). We work with you to create safer buildings that have less property damage, and more satisfied tenants. We’ve seen a 54% reduction in crime in CFMH certified properties!
CFMH empowers tenants to actively reduce and/or report crime. We help you make your tenants feel safer & happier.
Take 3 Steps for CFMH Certification
1. Phase 1 Owner and/or Property Manager Training
A day-long, affordable training that teaches you how to:
- combat illegal activities (drugs and gangs);
- thoroughly screen tenants;
- engage successfully with Office of Residential Tenancies;
- assess and improve your building’s security.
2. Phase 2 (FREE) Inspection:
Crime Free Multi-Housing staff inspect, (day and night), for these security features:
Crime Free Multi-Housing 9 Point Inspection
CFMH shares tips on where to find what you need to improve the security of your building.
3. Phase 3 Tenant Safety Social:
With the support of CFMH staff, the Owner/Property Manager promotes a safe rental community by hosting an annual Safety Social for tenants. A Police officer shares crime prevention tips. This event offers managers and residents a chance to get together and address safety and security issues, share improvement ideas, and have some fun.
Ongoing Benefits of being part of CFMH
- Get daily Saskatoon Police updates on any crimes that affect your buildings. Quickly learn about broken windows, noisy parties or more serious crimes.
- CFMH certified properties receive free advertising to thousands of tenants each year.
- Access affordable, relevant, ongoing training and information, to make your job easier.
- Certified CFMH buildings can use the Saskatoon Police Service Crime Free Addendum. New tenants who sign this legal document are making a commitment to live crime-free within your building. If illegal activity does arise, CFMH may share the details of the crime with you, which can assist with tenant eviction.
- Reduced crime will help lower maintenance and repair costs, and increase your property value.