Two men have been charged in relation to a recent series of break and enters to multi-unit residential parkades.
The Saskatoon Police Service Break & Enter Unit has charged two men in relation to a total of 10 occurrences involving multi-unit residential parkades; the occurrences took place in the East Division between February 2, 2021 and March 17, 2021.
A 31 year-old man has been charged with break and enter (x9), breach of release (x5), theft of a motor vehicle (x1), and possession of break and enter tools (x1).
A second 31 year-old man has been charged with break and enter (x3).
Community members are reminded of the importance to remain vigilant in safeguarding their own property and that of their neighbours. To prevent inadvertently allowing access to a thief, you can:
- Wait and watch as the overhead door closes completely when entering or exiting a parkade.
- Avoid permitting entry to individuals that you do not know to live in the building.
- Avoid propping open self-closing/locking entry doors.
- Remove valuable items, house/car keys, and garage door remotes from your vehicle.
- Keep your storage units and vehicles locked.
To report suspicious activity in your neighbourhood, call 306-975-8300 or in an emergency, 9-1-1.
(Court Information Numbers: 991156276, 991163348, 991163351, 991163353, 991163354, 991163356, 991163357, 991163364, 991163365, 991163366)