Crime Free Multi-Housing (CFMH) for Renters
Live in a safer place: Choose a Crime Free Multi-Housing certified building.
CFMH Certified properties have been inspected, and their property managers and owners are trained. Tenants in certified buildings take part in a CFMH event where they share any security concerns and solutions with each other, the property manager and a Police officer. Tenants in CFMH Certified buildings commit to live crime free in their home.
Find a safer, well-maintained home
Click on the area of Saskatoon where you’d like to live...
or click here to view all CFMH properties.
Helpful Renter Resources & Contacts
- Keeping Yourself Safe in Your Building - Essential tips for apartment security from Crime Free Multi Housing
- Renters' Rights and Responsibilities
- Office of Residential Tenancies (ORT) - Learn about the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants in Saskatchewan. When landlords and tenants cannot resolve disputes on their own, both have the right to ask the ORT to make rulings and settle the dispute.
- Fire Safety and Property Maintenance
- Bugs and Health Hazards in your Building
- Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods (SCAN) - they will investigate if you suspect a Building is regularly used for illegal Activities (drugs, prostitution, gang or criminal activities, child sexual abuse or the unlawful sale or consumption of alcohol). You can stay anonymous.
- Crime Free Multi-Housing - How Safe is Your Rental Property? - a detailed checklist for a safe rental home.
- Crime Free Multi-Housing - Community Connections - Connect to helpful local agencies for: mental health and addiction services; health; justice and family wellness; and emergency shelters.