Online Reporting FAQ

  • What should I do if using the online incident reporting is not right for me?

    If your incident is an emergency, call 911.

    If it is not an emergency call 306-975-8300 or attend at the Front Desk of the Saskatoon Police Service between 0700-2300 hrs.

  • What if this happened on a provincial highway?

    If this took place on a provincial highway, you may contact the nearest RCMP detachment, or see above for reporting to Saskatoon Police Service.

  • What if this happened outside the jurisdiction of the Saskatoon Police Service? Can I still file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?

    Under these circumstances, we recommend that that you should directly contact the police agency for that area. However, Saskatoon Police Service policy states that we can accept such reports and will forward them to the appropriate agency. Please note however that there will be a time delay.

  • What is a 'Known Suspect'?

    A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

  • What is a 'Hate/Bias Crime'?

    It is a criminal offence committed against a person or property which is motivated by the suspect's hate, bias or prejudice against an identifiable group or person based upon race, national or ethnic origin, language, colour, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation or other similar factors.

  • If my first report has not yet been reviewed, am I able to send in more information?

    To avoid having duplicate outstanding reports on the same incident, whenever possible you are asked NOT to send in more information until such time as your initial report has been reviewed. When that occurs, you will be advised if a) if your report was approved or b) if more details are needed or c) if your report was rejected for not meeting the parameters of on-line reporting.

    Additional information can then be sent in by logging back into your original report (if replying to a Follow up request by the Reviewer) or by submitting a Supplemental report at a later time.

  • Can I send an email directly to the reviewing officer asking for assistance?

    No, these automated email accounts are not monitored. If the information provided on this website and on the report templates do not answer your questions, you may leave a message at 306-657-8649.

    After submitting your initial report, if you do not receive an email with a temporary file number, please check your Spam or Junk-Email folder.

  • How am I to list my lost or stolen property items on the report?

    Each item must be entered individually into the property section of the report, along with as much descriptive information as possible - such as serial #'s, make/model and any identifying marks. This allows your lost/stolen items to be entered into our database. Should items later be recovered, using this information will ensure that they can be returned to you.

    If you find your items after they were reported as lost/stolen - please advise police immediately.

    Note: property items that are merely damaged are not entered into the Saskatoon Police Service data base.

  • How do I reply to a Follow up request?

    If the Reviewing officer has requested that you provide additional information or corrections before approving your temporary report and assigning a permanent file number - the email message that you receive will provide exact directions in how to log back into your original report. You do not need to send in an entirely new report or to submit a Supplemental report.

    If we have not received this requested additional information from you within 20 days, your entire report will be automatically deleted from the system.

  • How and when should I submit a Supplemental report?

    After your initial report has been approved and you have obtained your permanent file number (eg 2011-800123), you may later wish to amend/update the existing information or add additional property items - you will then need to submit a Supplemental report using that permanent file number.

    **When you access the CopLogic web page, you will select the 'Supplement' report type. For security reasons, you will need to re-enter some of the personal information from your initial report, along with the file number, date of incident and type of incident etc. You may then amend/change/add information to your incident description, property items or to persons/vehicles involved in the incident. There is no need to duplicate your original report as it is already on file - use your copy of the earlier approved report as a template of what was entered originally.

    Note: if you wish to report a new incident (occurred on different date with different vehicle or involving other property etc) - you will need to submit an entirely new online report instead of a Supplemental.

  • How do I review my entire report before it is sent?

    There will be an opportunity for you at the end of the report to review all of your information and make any required changes before you actually submit it to the Saskatoon Police Service.

    Do not use the 'Back' button to review/change your report as doing so may cause information to be deleted..

  • Can I provide my copy of the temporary report to insurance?

    No, your initial report may not end up being approved. Only the permanent report number should be used for insurance purposes.

  • Can I report all types of Fraud online?

    No, any Frauds other than Fraudulent Scams and Identity Theft must be reported directly to the Saskatoon Police Service. This would include such things as business frauds and bad cheques.